Health and safety are top priorities at Dawn The Tour Guide. In light of Covid-19, I have implemented the following protocols:
• There will be no handshaking or hugging, which will be super awkward when we first meet and super sad when we say goodbye. I hate that part. I also hate not being able to see your smiles. My hope is that by implementing and enforcing the protocols below we will one day very soon be able to shake and hug and share smiles again.
• I will take my temperature and assess my well being each day before a scheduled tour. If I believe that I might be sick, or my temperature indicates that I have a fever, I will contact you right away to reschedule. I ask my guests to do the same. There will be no penalties for cancellation, and I will work with you to reschedule. • I will wear a mask from the moment we meet until the moment we part in order to protect you from my respiratory droplets, and I will ask you to wear a masks as well in order to protect me (and my family and future guests) from your respiratory droplets.
• As much as is possible we will practice social distancing on all tours. There will be times, however, where it will be impossible for us to be six feet apart, which is what makes mask wearing essential.
• Tour group sizes will be limited to allow for greater social distancing as well as limited exposure to others. Private tours are welcome and encouraged.
• All tour stops will be strictly at outdoor locations – we will not be going inside any buildings together.
• Because I will be wearing a mask and will be striving to keep safe distances between us, I have invested in a hearing assistance system that I will provide to all of my guests for use during the tour. A tour is no fun at all when you can’t hear the guide! - Each guest on the tour will be provided with a sanitized radio receiver, a sanitized neck lanyard, and a pair of single-use earphones. - Also included with the radio receiver will be an alcohol wipe and a small packet of hand sanitizer. These are for the guest’s use at their discretion. * Please note that these policies will be changing on a periodic basis to comply with the most recent CDC Guidelines and local community guidance.
Dawn Bryant Certified Professional Tour Guide Washington, D.C. Alexandria, VA 202-649-0454